Thursday, May 7, 2009

A preview

Hi friends,
A quick note to let you know I'll do a proper blog on the weekend. Here is a sneak peak at today's adventures:
*woke up at 5am to catch my ride to the District Office at 6am -(some guy I didn't know named Jean-Baptiste)
*visited 5 primary schools- one of which has an enrollment of 2070 kids (that's not a typo!) and only 27 teachers and 18 classrooms !!!
*our truck flipped off the side of the road and I had to climb out the top (passenger door)... this story is unbelievable and I have some great photos of who helped us lift the truck back on to the road :)
Hopefully I've peaked your interest. I had a nice Skype chat with my family tonight and I've enjoyed your facebook messages very much !
P.S. The kids here are absolutely delightful and I can't wait to start working directly with them.
PICTURES WILL BE UP SOON !!

No comments:

Post a Comment